Friday, April 11, 2008

Marketing Plan Implementation

This week Elizabeth Schaub and I met with Chris Rankin, the School of Architecture's webmaster, to discuss the implementation of a blog, RSS feeds, a Swicki, a Visual Thesaurus, dynamically generated content, and adding videos to the VRC's Web site.  Chris was on-board with and excited about our ideas, and he will have the blog, RSS feeds, and a Swicki on the site with the next week or two.  He indicated that it may take a few days with the blog.  So, that is great news!  Now we just need a name for the blog!

I added the VRC to the external links section of the Wikipedia entry for slide libraries.  I also entered the VRC as an external link for a few other entries, but a Wikipedia administrator deleted those links.  For the Wikipedia section, I think it would be interesting to write an entry about the history of Visual Resources Collections, since no such entry currently exists.  But at this point, I don't think that would really be a constructive use of my time.

Today I worked on selecting images and writing copy about the new Web 2.0 services for a VRC ad that will appear in the School of Architecture's 2008-2009 daily planner.

I've also been finalizing the Marketing Plan.  I have created an index for the plan which lists the five goals in the VRC's strategic as well as listed goals for each technology at the beginning of each section.  I would like to incorporate a few more images into the plan, and I should be done with it by next Friday.




No comments: